Properties of Cr-Ni and Cr-Ni-Mn steels and alloy 36NKhTYu at low temperatures
- 20 Downloads
Precipitation-hardened alloy 36NKhT Yu has high strength, good ductility, a stable structure, low sensitivity to stress concentrations at low temperatures, and can be used for highly stressed components of cryogenic apparatus.
Austenitic-ferritic steels 15Kh18N12S4T Yu and 12Kh21N5T are characterized by satisfactory strength, ductility, and toughness at temperatures down to 4°K.
Steel 0Kh20N4AG10 has low ductility and is sensitive to stress concentrations at temperatures below 77°K.
KeywordsDuctility Stress Concentration Stable Structure Stressed Component Good Ductility
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. A. Gadzhibalaev, A. P. Gulyaev, and D. V. Lebedev, “Toughness of Fe-Cr-Ni steels at low temperatures,“ Metalloved. Term. Obrab. Met., No. 9, 8 (1973).Google Scholar
- 2.A. P. Gulyaev, D. V. Lebedev, and G. A. Gadzhibalaev, “Strength and ductility of austenitic Cr-Ni and Cr-Mn steels at low temperatures,“ Metalloved. Term. Obrab. Met., No. 12, 32 (1973).Google Scholar
- 3.I. A. Gindin, B. G. Lazarev, and Ya. D. Starodubov, “Discontinuous character of plastic deformation at low temperatures,“ Fiz. Tverd. Tela,3, No. 3, 920 (1961).Google Scholar
- 4.V. Ya. Il'ichev et al., “Stability of austenite in some Fe-Cr-Ni alloys during low-temperature deformation,“ Metalloved. Term. Obrab. Met., No. 10, 51 (1966).Google Scholar
- 5.Z. Basinski, Proc. Roy. Soc., A240, No. 1221, 229 (1957).Google Scholar
- 6.I. A. Gindin, V. I. Khotkevich, and Ya. A. Starodubov, “Ductile characteristics of aluminum at low temperatures,“ Fiz. Met. Metalloved.,7, No. 5, 794 (1959).Google Scholar