Structure and properties of stainless Cr-Ni steel 08Kh20N12ABF
- 19 Downloads
The austenitizing effect of nitrogen in amounts of 0.1–0.2% is manifiest in a reduction of the amount of ferrite in the steel (an average of 0.4% for each 0.01%N). Phases of the type of niobium-vanadium carbonitride and primary nitride of the type of Z phase are precipitated in forged steel 08Kh20N12ABF.
Alloying of austenitic Cr-Ni-V-Nb steel with nitrogen substantially increases the strength properties, with almost no effect on the ductility. Isothermal holding for as long as 5000 h at 550–580° does not induce embrittlement.
The corrosion resistance of steel 08Kh20N12ABF is close to that of steels 08Kh18N10T and 08Kh18N12TF.
KeywordsNitrogen Ferrite Ductility Nitride Corrosion Resistance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. V. Zhitnikova et al., "Corrosion resistant low-magnetic steel with high strength," in Machine Construction and Metallurgy [in Russian], No. 2, Mashinostroenie, Leningrad (1970), p. 417.Google Scholar
- 2.L. V. Zhitnikova, "Properties and experience in introducing steel 0Kh20N12ABF," in: Machine Construction and Metallurgy [in Russian], No. 4, Mashinostroenie, Leningrad (1973), p. 119.Google Scholar
- 3.M. L. Korlev, Nitrogen as an Alloying Element in Steel [in Russian], Metallurgizdat, Moscow (1961).Google Scholar
- 4.A. A. Babakov and M. V. Pridantsev, Corrosion Resistant Steels and Alloys [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1971), p. 210.Google Scholar
- 5.E. Houdremont, Special Steels [Russian translation], end. ed., Metallurgiya, Moscow (1966), p. 929 (Vol. 1), p. 1117 (Vol. 2).Google Scholar
- 6.G. Gryuttsner and G. Shyuller, "Development of corrosion resistant steels with a high nitrogen content," Chern. Met., No. 9, 15 (1967).Google Scholar
- 7.N. P. Zhitnikov and I. A. Zaks, "Effect of nitrogen on the structure of austenitic seam metal," Svarochnoe Proizvod., No. 8, 5 (1971).Google Scholar
- 8.V. I. Nikitin, Physicomechanical Phenomena during the Interaction of Liquid and Solid Metals [in Russian], Atomizdat, Moscow (1967), p. 321.Google Scholar
- 9.I. L. Rozenfel'd and K. A. Zhigalova, Accelerated Methods for Corrosion Tests of Metals [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1966), p. 284.Google Scholar