Acetyl chloride-3,5-di(tert-butyl)-4-hydroxy-N,N-dimethylbenzylamme salt in the benzylation of organic and inorganic sulfur-containing compounds
- 48 Downloads
The reactions of the quaternary acylammonium salt formed on treatment of3,5-di-tertbutyl-4-hydroxy N,N-dimethylbenzylamine with acetyl chloride, with various organic and inorganic sulfur-containing compounds were studied. The possibility of using this salt for the introduction of a sterically hindered phenol moiety in various sulfur-containing compounds was shown.
Key wordssterically hindered phenols quaternary ammonium salts benzylation thiourea
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. B. Gorbunov, V. V. Ershov, and G. A. Nikiforov,Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser, Khim., 1993, 526 [Russ. Chem. Bull., 1993, 42 (Engl. Transl.)].Google Scholar
- 2.A. S. Dneprovskii and T. I. Temnikova,Teoreticheskie osnovy organicheskoi khimii [Theoretical Bases of Organic Chemistry], Leningrad, Khimiya, 1991, 235 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 3.A. Ternay,Contemporary Organic Chemistry, 1979, 2.Google Scholar
- 4.J. M. Lehn,Topics in current chemistry, 1970,15, 314.Google Scholar
- 5.Obshchaya organicheskaya khimiya [Comprehensive Organic Chemistry (Russ. transi.)], ed. N. K. Kochetkov, Moscow, Khimiya, 1983,5, 668 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 6.A. J. Gordon and R. A. Ford,The Chemist's Companion, John Wiley & Sons, New York-London-Sidney-Toronto, 1972.Google Scholar