Reaction of CO2 and H2 in the presence of Co and Ni catalysts
- 39 Downloads
The activity and selectivity of 10 % Co/support and 10 % Ni/support catalysts (where the support is A12O3, SiO2, C) in the synthesis of hydrocarbons from CO2 and H2 were studied. The extent of conversion of the starting mixture and the yield of methane were shown to depend on the composition of the catalytic system. Cobalt catalysts with various types of carbons as supports are the most active. They permit the synthesis of methane in yields up to 70 % of the theoretical value.
Key wordscarbon dioxide hydrogenation Co and Ni catalysts
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F. Solymosi, A. Erdohelyi, and T. Bansagi,J. Catal., 1981,68, 371.Google Scholar
- 2.J. A. Brown Bourzutschky, N. Homs, and A. T. Bell,J. Catal, 1990,124, 52.Google Scholar
- 3.M. A. Vannice,Catal. Rev.-Sci. Eng., 1976,14, 153.Google Scholar
- 4.A. Yu. Krylova, O. A. Malykh, G. I. Emel'yanova, and A. L. Lapidus,Izy. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1988, 2634 [Bull. Acad. Sci. USSR, Div. Chem. Sci., 1988,37, 2374 (Engl. Transl.)].Google Scholar
- 5.R. C. Reuel and C. H. Bartholomew,J. Catal., 1984,85, 63.Google Scholar