Development of an optical time scale
- 33 Downloads
A time standard based on the use of an optical oscillation period of a frequencystable He−Ne laser as a time scale is first described. We obtained highly frequency-stable oscillations in the SHF range that were locked to the oscillations of a He−Ne laser stabilized to an absorption resonance in methane at 3.39 μm. A direct comparison of frequency stabilities of a rubidium standard and He−Ne/CH4 laser has been made. The absolute measurement of the frequency of the He−Ne/CH4 laser we performed gave a new value of frequency.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. P. Chebotayev:“Infrared and Optical Frequency Standards”, Report at the XIX General Assembly of URSI, Finland (1978)Google Scholar
- 2.S. N. Bagayev, A. S. Dychkov, A. K. Dimitriyev, V. P. Chebotayev: Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz.79, 1160 (1980)Google Scholar
- 3.L. O. Hocker, J. G. Smith, A. Javan: Phys. Lett.29A, 321 (1969)Google Scholar
- 4.K. M. Evenson, F. R. Peterson: InLaser Spectroscopy of Atoms and Molecules, ed. by H. Walther, Topics Appl. Phys.2 (Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, New York 1976)Google Scholar
- 5.V. M. Klementyev, V. P. Chebotayev: Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. Pisma Red.5, 1025 (1979)Google Scholar
- 6.K. M. Evenson, J. S. Wells, F. R. Peterson, B. L. Danielson, G. W. Day: Appl. Phys. Lett.22, 192 (1973)Google Scholar
- 7.Yu. S. Domnin, N. B. Koshelyaevsky, V. M. Tatarenkov, P. S. Shulyatsky: Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. Pisma Red30, 273 (1979)Google Scholar
- 8.D. J. E. Knight, G. J. Edwards, P. R. Pears, N. R. Gross: IEEE Trans. IM-29, 257 (1980)Google Scholar
- 9.Yu. S. Domnin, N. B. Koshelyaevsky, V. M. Tatarenkov, P. S. Shulyatsky. Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. Pisma Red.34, 175 (1981)Google Scholar