CW dye laser operation at 200 W pump power
- 35 Downloads
A continuously operating jet stream dye laser was pumped by a multiwavelength-multimode argon-ion-laser with a pump power up to 200 W. Rhodamine 6G-chloride was dissolved in a water-polyvinylalcohol-ammonyx solution. The dye laser was prism-tunable between 560 and 650 nm with maximum output power at 600 nm. The maximum output power of the cw dye laser was 43 W without tuning element and 33 W with a prism placed inside the cavity. Operation of a jet stream dye laser with a pump power higher than 200 W and an efficiency of about 30% seems to be possible.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. Anliker, H.P. Weber: Opt. Quant. Electron.11, 458 (1979)Google Scholar
- 2.S. Leutwyler, E. Schumacher, L. Wöste: Opt. Commun.19, 197 (1976)Google Scholar
- 3.B. Wellegehausen, L. Laepple, H. Welling: Appl. Phys.6, 335 (1975)Google Scholar
- 4.A. Dienes, E.P. Ippen, Ch. V. Shank: IEEE J. QE-8, 388 (1972)Google Scholar
- 5.P. Anliker, H.R. Lüthi, W. Seelig, J. Steinger, H.P. Weber, S. Leutwyler, E. Schumacher, L. Wöste: IEEE J. QE-13, 547 (1977)Google Scholar
- 6.H. Muuss, W. Skolaut: Appl. Phys.17, 417 (1978)Google Scholar
- 7.H.J. Baving, H. Muuss, W. Skolaut: EPS-Abstracts, Vol. 5A, Part II, 1079 (1981)Google Scholar
- 8.H.W. Kogelnik, E.P. Ippen, A. Dienes, Ch. V. Shank: IEEE J. QE-8, 373 (1972)Google Scholar