Heat capacity of H2 adsorbed on Ne and on D2 preplated graphite
We have performed heat capacity measurement on H2 adsorbed on graphite preplated with either a monolayer of Ne or a monolayer of D2, to search for low temperature 2D liquid H2. We find evidence indicating that up to 80% of the Ne preplating is displaced by H2, followed by H2 growing on itself. This is in contrast to H2 on D2 preplated graphite in which H2 grows on D2 and possibly 2D liquid H2 exists down to 5.74K.
KeywordsGraphite Heat Capacity Magnetic Material Capacity Measurement Heat Capacity Measurement
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Ma, D. L. Kingsbury, F. C. Liu, and O. E. Vilches, Phys. Rev. Lett.61 2348 (1988).Google Scholar
- 2.H. Wiechert inExcitations in 2D and 3D Quantum Fluids, A. G. F. Wyatt and H. J. Lauter, Editors, Plenum Press, New York, 1991, p.499.Google Scholar
- 3.J. L. Tell and H. J. Maris, Phys. Rev.B28, 5122 (1983).Google Scholar
- 4.S. B. Crary, PhD dissertation (University of Washington, 1978).Google Scholar
- 5.A. L. Pereira, F. A. B. Chaves and E. Lerner, preprint. (1991)Google Scholar
- 6.A. Razafitianamaharavo, N. Dupont-Pavlosky and A. Thomy, J. Phys. France51 Sept. (1990) 91Google Scholar
- 7.M. Bouchdoug, J. Menaucourt, A. Thomy, J. Phys. France47 1797 (1986).Google Scholar
- 8.Asada et al. Surface Science Letters, in press. (1992)Google Scholar
- 9.F. C. Liu, Y. M. Liu, and O. E. Vilches, to be published.Google Scholar