Negative charges in liquid hydrogen and deuterium
- 23 Downloads
The temperature and pressure dependence of the mobilities of negative charges injected into liquid hydrogen and deuterium have been measured. We propose the existence of two types of charge carriers in liquid parahydrogen. One is a bubble with an electron inside while the other has higher mobility. Relaxation of the current through liquid hydrogen was observed. It is suggested that in liquid and solid hydrogen under β-irradiation neutral complexes are created which can trap the negative charges and have a lifetime of about 10 hours.
KeywordsHydrogen Charge Carrier Deuterium Negative Charge Magnetic Material
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N.A. Gachechiladze, K.O. Keshishev, and A.I. Shalnikov, JETP Lett.12, 159 (1970).Google Scholar
- 2.P.G. Le Comber, J.B. Wilson, and R.J. Loveland, Solid State Comm.18, 377 (1976).Google Scholar
- 3.T. Mayakawa and D.L. Dexter, Phys. Rev.184, 166 (1969).Google Scholar
- 4.A.A. Levchenko and L.P. Mezhov-Deglin, Sov. Phys. JETP71, 196 (1990).Google Scholar
- 5.Handbook on Properties of Condensed Phases of Hydrogen and Oxygen, (Naukova Dumka, Kiev, 1984).Google Scholar
- 6.R.W.H. Webeler, J. Chem. Phys.64, 2253 (1976).Google Scholar