Monte Carlo calculations of quasidiffusion in silicon
Monte Carlo study of high-energy phonon propagation with elastic scattering and frequency down-conversion is reported. Experimentally observed exponential decay of phonon intensity at late arrival times is well reproduced. The phonon focusing is crucial for accounting for the overall shape of the observed phonon spectrum.
KeywordsSilicon Arrival Time Magnetic Material Exponential Decay Elastic Scattering
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. Taylor, H. J. Maris, and C. Elbaum, Phys. Rev. Lett.23, 416 (1969); Phy. Rev.B3, 1462 (1971); G. A. Northrop and J. P. Wolfe, inNonequilibrium Phonon Dynamics, edited by W. E. Bron (Plenum, New York, 1985), p.165.Google Scholar
- 2.D.V. Kazakovtsev and Y. B. Levinson, Phys. Stat. Sol.B96, 117 (1979); Y. B. Levinson, inNonequilibrium Phonons in Nonmetallic Crystals, edited by W. Eisenmenger and A. A. Kaplyanski, (North Holland, Amsterdam, 1986), p.91.Google Scholar
- 3.J. A. Shields, M. E. Msall, M. S. Carroll, and J. P. Wolfe, Phys. Rev.B47, 12510 (1993).Google Scholar
- 4.M. E. Msall, S. Tamura, S. E. Esipov, and J. P. Wolfe, Phys. Rev. Lett.,70, 3463 (1993).Google Scholar
- 5.S. Tamura, (unpublished).Google Scholar
- 6.S. Tamura, Phys. Rev.B31, 2574 (1985).Google Scholar
- 7.H. J. Maris, Phys. Rev.B41, 9736 (1990).Google Scholar
- 8.M. Lax, V. Narayanamurti, and R. C. Fulton, inLaser Optics of Condensed Matter, edited by J. L. Birman, H. Z. Cummins and A. A. Kaplyanskii (Plenum, New York, 1987), p.229.Google Scholar
- 9.S. E. Esipov, (unpublished).Google Scholar