Poly(butadiene-acrylic acid(g)acrylonitrile(g)acrylic acid)
In the present work we describe, the synthesis and characterization of a new gel obtained by crosslinking a cooligomer of butadiene-acrylic acid (BuAA), by reaction with acrylonitrile and acrylic acid. The purified product was characterized by FTIR, elemental analyses and scanning electronic microscopy. The thermal properties were studied and swelling indexes were determined in different solvents and at different pH values. The capacity of poly(butadiene-acrylic acid(g)acrylonitrile(g)acrylic acid) [gel A] to separate different organic substances, such as amino acids and colorants, was determined.
KeywordsPolymer Microscopy Electronic Microscopy Scanning Electronic Microscopy Thermal Property
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S.Borman, Chemical & Engeneering News,71(2)26–36(1993).Google Scholar
- 2.R.Arguello, Tesis Doctoral, Facultad de Ciencias Químicas, Universidad Nacional de Córdoba(1981).Google Scholar
- 3.A.Streitwiesser,C.H.Heathcock, “Química Orgánica”, Interamericana, Mexico, 1023 (1986).Google Scholar
- 4.J.P.Greenstein, M.Winitz, “Chemistry of the Amino Acids”, John Wiley & Sons, Inc, New York, 1309–1689 (1961).Google Scholar
- 5.E.N.Fettes, “Chemical Reaction of Polymers”, Interscience Publisher, New York, 613–626 (1964).Google Scholar