Irradiation damage of A15-Nb3Si and Nb7Si
- 24 Downloads
The behavior of the superconducting temperatureTc and the lattice parametera0 of polycrystalline Nb3Si and Nb7Si thin films as a function of 300-kV α-particle fluence was investigated. It was found that theTc depression of A15 Nb3Si is of the same size and nature as for other A15 materials. In contrast, the initialTc degradation of Nb7Si is a factor of three larger. The observed minimum in theTc vs fluence dependence of Nb3Si is discussed and a simple qualitative model is presented.
KeywordsThin Film Depression Magnetic Material Irradiation Damage Qualitative Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. R. Sweedler, D. E. Cox, and S. Moehlecke,J. Nucl. Mat. 72, 50 (1978).Google Scholar
- 2.S. Moehlecke, Ph.D. Thesis, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas, Brazil (1978).Google Scholar
- 3.C. L. Snead, L. Nicolosi, and W. Tremel,Appl. Phys. Lett. 31, 130 (1974).Google Scholar
- 4.R. C. Dynes, J. M. Poate, L. R. Testardi, A. R. Storm, and R. H. Hammond,IEEE Mag. 13, 640 (1977).Google Scholar
- 5.E. L. Haase and O. Meyer,IEEE Mag. 17, 541 (1981).Google Scholar
- 6.P. Müller, G. Ischenko, H. Adrian, J. Bieger, M. Lehmann, and E. L. Haase, inProc. III. Conf. on Superconductivity in d- and f-Band Metals (Academic Press, New York, 1980), p. 369.Google Scholar
- 7.H. Adrian, G. Ischenko, M. Lehmann, P. Müller, H. Braun, and G. Linker,J. Less-Common Metals 62, 99 (1978).Google Scholar
- 8.J. Bieger, H. Adrian, P. Müller, G. Saemann-Ischenko, and E. L. Haase,Solid State Commun.,36, 979 (1980).Google Scholar
- 9.J. Pflüger, Diploma thesis, University of Karlsruhe (1980), p. 38.Google Scholar
- 10.E. L. Haase, to be published; see also KfK Report 2670, 100 (1978), KfK Report 2881, 114 (1979).Google Scholar