A mass spectrometric investigation of alkaloids of the galanthamine type
- 30 Downloads
1. Features of the mass spectrometric behavior of alkaloids of the galanthamine type have been established: the presence of strong M+ and M — 1 peaks, the contraction of ring C with the retention or with the expulsion of the nitrogen atom, and the elimination of the elements of ring B.
2. Additional information on the structure of the alkaloid chlidanthine has been obtained.
3. The similarity of the mass spectrometric behavior of a dihydro derivative of galanthamine (lycoramine) and of dihydro derivatives of alkaloids of the lycorine type have been shown.
KeywordsAlkaloid Galanthamine Lycorine Cyclic Ketone Mass Spectrometric Investigation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Razakov, Kh. A. Abduazimov, N. S. Vul'fson, and S. Yu. Yunusov, KhPS [Chemistry of Natural Compounds],3, 23, 1967.Google Scholar
- 2.R. Razakov, V. N. Bochkarev, N. S. Vul'fson, Kh. A. Abduazimov, and S. Yu. Yunusov, KhPS [Chemistry of Natural Compounds],4, 19, 1968.Google Scholar
- 4.J. Beynon, Mass Spectrometry and Its Applications to Organic Chemistry [Russian translation], Moscow, p. 397, 1964.Google Scholar
- 5.G. Budzikiewicz, C. Djerassi, and D. Williams, Interpretation of Mass Spectra of Organic Compounds [Russian translation], Moscow, p. 129, 1966.Google Scholar
- 8.H. G. Boit, Ergebnisse der Alkaloid—Chemie bis 1960, Berlin, 1961.Google Scholar