Preliminary analysis of the composition of polysaccharide fractions
- 66 Downloads
A simple and convenient method for analyzing polysaccharide fractions isolated from natural sources has been proposed.
The method is based on ion-exchange chromatography on DEAE-cellulose and gel filtration on Bio-Gels using small columns and automatic monitoring of the separation with the aid of a flow-through ultraviolet densitometer. The method is characterized by rapidity and good reproducibility.
KeywordsPolysaccharide Alginic Acid Inulin Dextran Sulfate Elution Curve
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F. Smith and R. Montgomery, The Chemistry of Plant Gums and Mucilages and Some Related Polysaccharides, NY, 31–35, 1959.Google Scholar
- 2.J. E. Scott, Methods Biochem. Anal.,8, 146, 1960.Google Scholar
- 4.S. A. Barker, M. Stacey, and G. Zweifel, Chem. and Ind., 330, 1957.Google Scholar
- 5.J. Rosik, V. Zitko, and J. Vasatko, Coll.,27, 1346, 1962.Google Scholar
- 7.R. A. Granath, Abhand. Deut. Akad. Wiss., Berlin, Kl. Med., 94, 1964.Google Scholar
- 8.K. Krinstad and O. Ellefsen, Das Papier,18, 583, 1964.Google Scholar
- 10.D. M. W. Anderson and S. Rahman, Chem. Comm.,8, 145, 1965.Google Scholar
- 12.D. M. W. Anderson, E. Hirst, and J. F. Stoddart, J. Chem. Soc., 1959, 1966.Google Scholar
- 13.D. M. W. Anderson, E. Hirst, and J. F. Stoddart, J. Chem. Soc., 1476, 1967.Google Scholar