Bounded motion for a modified three-body problem
- 27 Downloads
The energy and the angular momentum integral of motion for the planar three point problem cannot assure bounded motion. In this paper it is shown that if one of the points is replaced by a homogeneous sphere then bounded motion can be found. The zero velocity surfaces for this modified problem are found and their evolution is described.
KeywordsAssure Angular Momentum Point Problem Velocity Surface Homogeneous Sphere
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bozis, G.: 1976,Astrophys. Space Sci. 43, 355.Google Scholar
- Golubev, V. G.: 1968,Soviet Phys. Dokl. 13, 373.Google Scholar
- Marchal, C. and Bozis, G.: 1982,Celes. Mech. 26, 311.Google Scholar
- Marchal, C. and Saari, D. G.: 1975,Celes. Mech. 12, 115.Google Scholar
- Pars, L. S.: 1965,A Treatise on Analytical Dynamics, Heinemann, London, p. 578.Google Scholar
- Zare, K.: 1977,Celes. Mech. 16, 35.Google Scholar