Superconducting properties of Pb/Ag multilayers
- 24 Downloads
The electrical resistivity, ac susceptibility, critical current density, and Josephson tunneling of Pb/Ag multilayers have been measured in wide temperature ranges in order to study the proximity effect. A resistivity drop was found to occur atT c of Pb in ρ versusT measurement and, at low temperature, the multilayers show proximity effect. The I-V characteristic of the multilayer shows voltage steps, indicating a resistive state has occurred in the sample. The superconducting properties of the multilayer were analyzed with the bilayer theory of the proximity effect.
KeywordsElectrical Resistivity Magnetic Material Wide Temperature Range Critical Current Density Resistive State
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. T. Ruggiero, T. W. Barbee, Jr., and M. R. Beasley,Phys. Rev. Lett. 45, 1299 (1980).Google Scholar
- 2.I. K. Schuller,Phys. Rev. Lett. 44, 1597 (1980).Google Scholar
- 3.K. Kanoda, H. Mazaki, T. Yamada, N. Hosoito, and T. Shinjo,Phys. Rev. B 33, 2052 (1986).Google Scholar
- 4.K. Werthamer,Phys. Rev. 132, 2440 (1963).Google Scholar
- 5.J. J. Hauser and H. C. Theuerer,Phys. Lett. 14, 270 (1965).Google Scholar
- 6.P. G. de Gennes,Rev. Mod. Phys. 36, 225 (1964).Google Scholar
- 7.R. P. Huebener and H. L. Watson,Phys. Rev. 9, 3725 (1974).Google Scholar
- 8.R. P. Huebener and D. E. Gallus,Phys. Rev. 7, 4089 (1973).Google Scholar
- 9.W. J. Skocpol, M. R. Beasley, and M. Tinkham,J. Low Temp. Phys. 16, 145 (1974).Google Scholar
- 10.S. Nagata and H. C. Yang,Physica 208B, 997 (1981).Google Scholar
- 11.V. Ambegaokar and A. Baratoff,Phys. Rev. Lett. 10, 486 (1963);11, 104 (1963).Google Scholar