Development of compositions of uviol glasses with elevated radiation and optical resistance
- 15 Downloads
The processes occurring in the glass shells of bactericidal lamps are considered. It is shown that it is expedient to develop new compositions of uviol glasses with elevated radiation and optical resistance (ROR). It was found that an increase in the total amount of alkaline-earth oxides and BaO individually at the expense of CaO +MgO decreases solarization of glasses of the SiO2-MgO-CaO-BaO-Na2O-K2O system. The introduction of Fe2O3 in the composition with a decrease in the content of MgO for a certain concentration of Fe2+ and Fe3+ improves the anti-reflection properties of uviol glasses in the ultraviolet spectral region and increases the ROR to short-wave ultraviolet radiation. Addition of metallic aluminum increases the Fe2+∶Fe3+ ratio. The physicochemical properties of the synthesized compositions are presented.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. G. Kochetkova, D. I. Klegg, A. T. Dymov, et al., “Continous melting and discharging of glass with selective transmission in the UV spectral region,” in:Production and Investigation of Glass and Silicate Materials [in Russian], Yaroslavl' (1973), issue 3, pp. 26–29.Google Scholar
- 2.A. I. Dubkova, A. T. Dymov, G. V. Kochetkova, and A. P. Sivko, “Causes of darkening of bactericidal lamps in service,”Svetotekhnika, No. 11, 6–7 (1975).Google Scholar
- 3.H.-D. Witzke, “Angepasste Gläaser für die Lichttechnikein wichtiges Gebiet für die Glasforschung,”Silikattechn.,41(6), 188–191 (1990).Google Scholar
- 4.V. Kh. Khalilov and S. S. Pivovarov, “Appearance of an iron impurity in the region of the edge of fundamental absorption of quartz glass,”Fiz. Khim. Stekla,5(4), 453–458 (1979).Google Scholar
- 5.G. E. Meleshkevich, N. N. Ermolenko, A. P. Sivko, et al., “Increasing the transmissivity of uviol glasses in the short-wave spectral region as a result of UV-radiation,”Zh. Prikl. Spektrosk.,51(3), 505–507 (1984).Google Scholar
- 6.N. P. Ermolenko, A. P. Sivko, M. A. Filimonova, et al., “Development of the method for studying solarization in uviol glasses,”Elektrotekh. Promyshl. Svetotekhn. Izdeliya, Iss. 6, 3–5 (1983).Google Scholar
- 7.T. D. Andryukhina, E. I. Raevskaya, É. I. Sanina, and I. L. Tarasova, “Output characteristics of sheet industrial glasses,”Steklo Keram., No. 10, 4–7 (1976).Google Scholar