Problem of classical and nonclassical probabilities
- 39 Downloads
A characterization of classical and nonclassical probabilities expressed in terms of some inequalities between multidimensional orS-probability is given. A new criterion (not referring to correlation probabilities) for nonclassicality of the range of a completeS-probability measure on an event system is proposed.
KeywordsField Theory Elementary Particle Quantum Field Theory Event System Correlation Probability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Accardi, L. (1983). The probabilistic roots of the quantum mechanical paradoxes, inThe Wave-Particle Dualism, S. Diner, G. Lochak, and F. Selleri, eds., Reidel, Dordrecht, Holland.Google Scholar
- Accardi, L. (1986). Foundations of quantum mechanics: A quantum probabilistic approach, Preprint 17-1986, Dipartimento di Matematica, Università di Roma, Rome.Google Scholar
- Beltrametti, E. G., and Maczyński, M. J. (1991). On a characterization of classical and non-classical properties,Journal of Mathematical Physics,32, 1280.Google Scholar
- Gudder, S., and Zanghi, N. (1984). Probability models,Nuovo Cimento B,79, 291.Google Scholar
- Pitowsky, I. (1989).Quantum Probability-Quantum Logic (Lecture Notes in Physics 321), Springer-Verlag, Berlin.Google Scholar