Models of the axiomatic theory associated with the lattice of subspaces of a finite-dimensional Hilbert space
- 27 Downloads
It is shown that we can associate with the latticeL of subspaces of a separable Hilbert space an axiomatic theory in sentential logic that reflects some of the basic properties of the simplest types of experimental reports in quantum mechanics. It is also shown that every collection of mutually nonorthogonal elements ofL determines a model of the axioms and that, if the Hilbert space is finite dimensional, every model is determined this way.
KeywordsHilbert Space Field Theory Elementary Particle Quantum Field Theory Quantum Mechanic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chang, C., and Keisler, H. (1973).Model Theory, North-Holland, Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- Jauch, M. (1964).Foundations of Quantum Mechanics, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Massachusetts.Google Scholar
- Mackey, G. W. (1963).Mathematical Foundations of Quantum Mechanics, Benjamin Inc.Google Scholar
- Malhas, O. Q. (1987).Journal of Symbolic Logic,52(3), 834.Google Scholar
- Malhas, O. Q. (1992).International Journal of Theoretical Physics,31(9), 1699.Google Scholar