Strong-plane shock waves in optically-thin atmospheres in magnetogasdynamics
In this paper, similarity solutions for the propagation of strong-plane shock waves in optically-thin grey atmospheres are obtained in the presence of a magnetic field. Density and magnetic field are constant in the undisturbed gaseous medium in front of the shock. Planck's diffusion approximation has been taken into account in this problem and a comparative study has been made between the results of ordinary gasdynamics and magnetogasdynamics.
KeywordsAtmosphere Magnetic Field Shock Wave Similarity Solution Gaseous Medium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Elliot, L. A.: 1960,Proc. Roy. Soc. 258A, 287.Google Scholar
- Helliwell, J. B.: 1969,J. Fluid Mech. 37, 497.Google Scholar
- Koch, P. A.: 1965,Phys. Fluids 8, 2140.Google Scholar
- Ray, D. B. and Banerjee, S. N.: 1980,Astrophys. Space Sci. 68, 73.Google Scholar
- Verma, B. G. and Singh, J. B.: 1979,Acta Phys. Acad. Sci. Hung. 46, 309.Google Scholar
- Wang, K. C.: 1964,J. Fluid Mech. 20, 447.Google Scholar