A new Cepheid variable, HD 200925
- 25 Downloads
Photoelectric observations of the star HD 200925 in the standardUBV system have been secured and analysed. The period is determined to be 0 . d 267 394. From the period and shape of the light and colour curves, the star HD 200925 appears to be a dwarf cepheid. The physical parameters have been derived. The mass derived for this star is found to agree well with the value inferred from the evolutionary tracks. The star appears to be a post-Main Sequence star in the hydrogen shell burning stage of evolution. The spectral class, for this star, is assigned to be F2 III.
KeywordsHydrogen Colour Burning Physical Parameter Evolutionary Track
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bedolla, S. F. G. and Pena, J. H.: 1979,Inf. Bull. Var. Stars, No. 1615.Google Scholar
- Breger, M.: 1979, private communication.Google Scholar
- Gupta, S. K.: 1978,Astrophys. Space Sci. 59, 85.Google Scholar
- Gupta, S. K. and Padalia, T. D.: 1980,Inf. Bull. Var. Stars, No. 1870.Google Scholar
- Hardie, R. H.: 1962, in W. A. Hiltner (ed.),Astronomical Techniques, University of Chicago Press, p. 178.Google Scholar
- Iben, I. Jr.: 1967a.Astrophys. J. 147, 624.Google Scholar
- Iben, I. Jr.: 1967b,Astrophys. J. 147, 650.Google Scholar
- McNamara, D. H. and Feltz, K. A.: 1978,Publ. Astron. Soc. Pacific 90, 275.Google Scholar
- Tsvetkov, T.: 1977,Nau. Inf. Astro. Soviet AN, SSSR 37, 63.Google Scholar