Charged spherical shell in the field of an Abelian monopole
The gravitational field of a charged spherical shell in the presence of a central Abelian monopole is calculated. The nonlinearity in the field is represented by Born-Infeld Lagrangian that contains both invariants of the electromagnetic field. Such a configuration models a gravitationally bound shell of matter and charge that may provide a source of gamma-ray bursts now being found in extragalatic radiation.
KeywordsRadiation Field Theory Elementary Particle Quantum Field Theory Electromagnetic Field
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Adler, S. A. (1971).Annals of Physics,67, 599.Google Scholar
- Born, M., and Infeld, L. (1934).Proceedings of the Royal Society of London,147, 552.Google Scholar
- Callan, C. G. (1982).Physical Review D,28, 2058.Google Scholar
- Euler, H., and Heisenberg, W. (1936).Zeitschrift für Physics 98, 714.Google Scholar
- Galdi, D. G. (1989).Comments on Nuclear Particle Physics,XIX(3), 137.Google Scholar
- Prasad, M. K., and Sommerfield, C. M. (1975).Physical Review Letters,35(12), 760.Google Scholar
- Ressell, M. T., and Turner, M. S. (1989). Fermilab Pub 89/214-A.Google Scholar