Spinor strong interaction model for meson spectra
- 23 Downloads
A model for a bound quark-antiquark system is constructed from quark spinor equations and the associated pseudoscalar massless interaction potential equations in a way departing from conventional relativistic quantum mechanics. From the so-constructed covariant meson equations, linear confinement arises naturally. Nonlinear radial equations for the pseudoscalar and vector mesons in the rest frame are derived without approximation. An internal complex space is introduced for representation of the quark flavors. Quark masses are generalized to operators operating on functions in this space. A simple model is proposed for the meson internal functions and mass operators producing the squares of the average quark masses as eigenvalues. The present space-time model calls for a particle classification scheme different from the usual nonrelativistic one. When combined with the internal model, it may account for the gross structure of the meson spectra together with the form of an empirical relation. Upper limits of bare quark masses are estimated from simplified analytical solutions of the radial equations and agree approximately with the bare quark masses obtained from baryon data in a companion paper. The radial equations are solved numerically yielding estimates of the strong interaction radii of the ground state mesons.
KeywordsQuark Masse Vector Meson Internal Model Radial Equation Relativistic Quantum Mechanic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Beg, M. A. B., and Ruegg, H. (1965).Journal of Mathematical Physics,6, 677.Google Scholar
- Blatt, J. M., and Weisskopf, V. F. (1979).Theoretical Nuclear Physics.Google Scholar
- Coddington, E. A., and Levinson, N. (1955).Theory of Ordinary Differential Equations.Google Scholar
- De Rújula, A., Georgi, H., and Glashow, S. I. (1975).Physical Review D,12, 147.Google Scholar
- Hoh, F. C. (n.d.-a). Spinor strong interaction model for baryon spectra, submitted.Google Scholar
- Hoh, F. C. (n.d.-b). Gauge invariance and quantization of the spinor strong interaction model,International Journal of Modern Physics A, to appear.Google Scholar
- Lichtenberg, D. B. (1987).International Journal of Modern Physics A,2, 1669.Google Scholar
- Particle Data Group (1990).Physics Letters,239B.Google Scholar
- Sharp, R. T., and von Baeyer, H. (1965).Journal of Mathematical Physics,6, 1105.Google Scholar
- Weinberg, S. (1964).Physical Review,133, 1318.Google Scholar