Presented are results of Perseid 1993 meteor shower from radar observation at Ondřejov observatory. Investigation of the shower activity profiles in four echo duration intervals proved the position of dominant peak at solar longitude L⊙ = 138.°8±0.°05 (epoch 1950.0) followed by series of secondary maxima positions of which depend on examined echo duration class. Extremely low value of the mass distribution indexs = 1.27 ± 0.01 near the maximum activity peak associated with high proportion of fragmenting particles leads to the suggestion that meteor particles concentrated in this filament are younger than those which form the other parts of the stream.
Key wordsMeteoroids Meteor streams Perseids 1993
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Currie, M.J.: 1994,WGN 22, 37.Google Scholar
- Rao, J.: 1993,WGN 21, 287.Google Scholar
- Rendtel, J.: 1993,WGN 21 235.Google Scholar
- Roggemans, P.: 1992,WGN 20, 205.Google Scholar
- Šimek, M.: 1985,Bull. Astron. Inst. Czechosl. 36, 270.Google Scholar
- Šimek, M.: 1993a,WGN 21, 13.Google Scholar
- Šimek, M.: 1993b, ‘’ Štohl, J. and Williams, I.P., ed(s).,Meteoroids and their parent bodies, Astronomical Institute SAV: Bratislava, 277.Google Scholar
- Šimek, M., McIntosh, B.A.: 1986,Bull. Astron. Inst. Czechosl. 37, 146.Google Scholar
- Wu, Z., Williams, I.P.: 1993,Mon. Not. RAS 264, 980.Google Scholar