Stochastic quantization of the nonlinear sigma model and the background field method
- 60 Downloads
The background field method is a useful scheme for calculation of the effective action in conventional quantum field theory. In stochastic quantization this approach is introduced by using auxiliary fields, as suggested by Okano. In this work, we implement the background field method, using the normal coordinate expansion, for the nonlinear sigma model on a general Riemannian manifold in the context of stochastic quantization. We also calculate, making use of this novel formulation, the action necessary for investigation of the divergences, at least at the one-loop level.
KeywordsManifold Field Theory Elementary Particle Quantum Field Theory Riemannian Manifold
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Abbott, L. F. (1981).Nuclear Physics B,185, 189.Google Scholar
- Abdalla, E., and Viana, R. L. (1989).Modern Physics Letters A,4, 491.Google Scholar
- Alvarez-Gaumé, L., Freedman, D. Z., and Mukhi, S. (1981).Annals of Physics,134, 85.Google Scholar
- Brunelli, J. C., and Gomes, M. (1992).Physical Review D,46, 2617.Google Scholar
- Chaturvedi, S., Kapoor, A. K., and Srinivasan, V. (1986).Physical Review D,34, 3846.Google Scholar
- Damgaard, P. H., and Hüffel, H. (1987).Physics Reports,152, 227.Google Scholar
- DeWitt, B. S. (1967).Physical Review,162, 1195.Google Scholar
- Honerkamp, J. (1972).Nuclear Physics B,36, 130.Google Scholar
- Namiki, M., and Yamanaka, Y. (1986).Progress of Theoretical Physics,75, 1447.Google Scholar
- Okano, K. (1987).Nuclear Physics B,289, 109.Google Scholar
- Parisi, G., and Wu, Y.-S. (1981).Scientia Sinica,24, 483.Google Scholar