Ultrametricity in the externally-induced conformational substates of disordered polymers
- 27 Downloads
We investigate the ergodicity breaking in phase space for biopolymers which fold under the influence of an external field. The polymers have random primary sequences and the interactions among monomeric units are of the volume-excluded type. The replica symmetry breaking is shown to have two distinct sources: the two-body interactions between disordered links and the interaction of the random self-avoiding coil with the localized attractive field.
KeywordsPolymer Field Theory Phase Space Elementary Particle Quantum Field Theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Austin, R. H., Beeson, K. W., Eisenstein, L., Frauenfelder, H., and Gunsalus, I. C. (1975). Biochemistry,14, 5355.Google Scholar
- Bryngelson, J. B., and Wolynes, P. G. (1987).Proceedings of the National Academy of Science of the USA,84, 7524.Google Scholar
- Fernández, A. (1988).Chemical Physics Letters,149, 113.Google Scholar
- Fernández, A. (1989).Chemical Physics Letters,154, 396.Google Scholar
- Frauenfelder, H., Petsko, G. A., and Tsernoglou, D. (1979).Nature,280, 558.Google Scholar
- Keller, H., and Debrunner, P. G. (1980).Physical Review Letters,45, 68.Google Scholar
- Mézard, M., Parisi, G., Sourlas, N., Toulouse, G., and Virasoro, M. (1984).Physical Review Letters,52, 1156.Google Scholar
- Obukhov, S. P. (1986).Journal of Physics A,19, 3655.Google Scholar
- Parisi, G. (1983).Physical Review Letters,50, 1946.Google Scholar
- Stein, D. L. (1985).Proceedings of the National Academy of Science of the USA,82, 3670.Google Scholar