Vacuum quenching of steel Kh12M
Heat Treatment Technology
- 18 Downloads
Vacuum quenching of die steel Kh12M in argon and in VM-1 vacuum oil after heating to 1030° (10−1 mm Hg) ensures a hardness of HRC 63-64 with retention of a bright surface and reduction of distortion.
KeywordsArgon Bright Surface Steel Kh12M Vacuum Quenching
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. G. Murovannaya, Quenching of Steels in Vacuum [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1974), p. 28.Google Scholar
- 2.R. S. Klykova, S. G. Murovannaya, and É. N. Marmer, “Properties of heat-resistant steels after vacuum heat treatment,” Metalloved. Term. Obrab. Met., No. 1, 62 (1973).Google Scholar
- 3.A. N. Tarasov and V. I. Slichenko, “Properties of steel 1Kh17M2 after heat treatment in vacuum,” Metalloved. Term. Obrab. Met., No. 3, 72 (1972).Google Scholar
- 4.Techn. Zeitschrift für Praktische Metallbearb.,68, No. 8, 273 (1974).Google Scholar
- 5.M. Bazille, Traitement Thermique, No. 79, 43 (1973).Google Scholar
- 6.Tool Steels, Handbook [in Russian], Mashgiz, Moscow (1961).Google Scholar
- 7.Ya. R. Rauzin, Heat Treatment of Chromium Steel (For Bearings and Tools) [in Russian], Mashgiz, Moscow (1963), p. 299.Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1978