Hyperspherical harmonic model for the ground-state baryons
- 24 Downloads
The wave functions of the 18 ground-state light baryons are calculated in the quark model. The space wave functions are obtained by means of a (confining) hyperspherical harmonic potential in a nonrelativistic Hamiltonian. The different flavors (up, down, strange) are treated as identical particles.
KeywordsWave Function Field Theory Elementary Particle Quantum Field Theory Quark Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ballot, J. L., and Fabre De La Ripelle, M. (1980).Annals of Physics,127, 62.Google Scholar
- Fabre De La Ripelle, M. (1984).Annals of Physics,147, 281.Google Scholar
- Fabre De La Ripelle, M., and Navarro, J. (1979).Annals of Physics,123, 184.Google Scholar
- Krajcik, R. A., and Foldy, L. L. (1974).Physical Review D,10, 1777.Google Scholar
- Perkins, D. H. (1982).Introduction to High Energy Physics, 2nd ed., Addison-Wesley, Reading, Massachusetts.Google Scholar
- Raspini, A. (1984). Ph.D. Thesis, University of Lowell, Lowell, Massachusetts.Google Scholar
- Raspini, A. (1985).Journal of Physics B,18, 3859.Google Scholar
- Rosner, J. L. (1981). InTechniques and Concepts of High Energy Physics, T. Ferbel, ed., Plenum Press, New York.Google Scholar