Observations of shocked [FeII] and H2 line profiles in orion bullet wakes
- 26 Downloads
Recent near-IR imaging of the Orion molecular cloud has revealed a complex of dense bullets, visible as [FeII] emitting HH-objects at the tips of H2 wakes, ejected explosively from the cloud core. Having resolved individual bow-shock structures for the first time in this bright source, we have observed [FeII] 1.644µm velocity profiles of selected bullets and H2 1-0 S(1), 2.122µm velocity profiles for a series of positions along and across the corresponding bow-shock wakes. We present observed profiles for the bullet M42 HH1 and its associated wake and compare with theoretical bow-shock models.
KeywordsVelocity Profile Line Profile Molecular Cloud Bright Source Cloud Core
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Allen, D. A. & Burton, M.G.: 1993, Nature363, 54.Google Scholar
- Axon, D. A. & Taylor, K.: 1984, Mon. Not. of the RAS207, 241.Google Scholar
- Brand, P. W. J. L., Moorhouse, A., Burton, M. G., Geballe, T. R., Bird, M. & Wade, R.: 1988, Astrophys. J.334, L103.Google Scholar
- Brand, P. W. J. L., Toner, M. P., Geballe, T. R. & Webster, A. S.: 1989, Mon. Not. of the RAS237, 1009.Google Scholar
- Draine, B. T. & McKee, C. F.: 1993, Ann. Rev. of Astron. & Astrophys.31, 373.Google Scholar
- Hartigan, P., Curiel, S. & Raymond, J.: 1989, Astrophys. J.347, L31.Google Scholar
- McKee, C. F.: 1989, Astrophys. J.345, 782.Google Scholar