Strengthening of drilling pipes of aluminum alloy in the process of operation
- 46 Downloads
The operating conditions of drilling pipes made of alloy D16T ensure that in boreholes with elevated temperatures these pipes are subjected to artificial aging.
It is inadvisable to use artificially aged pipes for work at temperatures lower than the temperatures at which the transformation in the material occurs; the rupture stress of such pipes is lower than after natural aging.
Aging of pipes under stress accelerates the process of phase transformations.
KeywordsAluminum Drilling Elevated Temperature Aluminum Alloy Phase Transformation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. N. Fridlyander, "Regularities of the aging of aluminum alloys," Metalloved. Term. Obrab. Met., No. 8, 22–28 (1980).Google Scholar
- 2.Aluminum Alloys. Metal Science of Aluminum and Its Alloys (Reference Manual) [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1971).Google Scholar
- 3.M. Z. Ermanok, L. S. Kagan, and M. F. Golovinov, Pressing of Pipes Made of Aluminum Alloys [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 4.M. S. Danelyants, Yu. A. Eremin, E. K. Kichaev, and G. M. Fain, "Mechanical characteristics of the alloy D16T in drilling pipes and evaluation of the method of measuring electrical resistance for nondestructive quality control of pipes," in: Pipes for the Oil Industry: Transactions of the All-Union Research Institute of Design and Operation of Oil Pipes, Issue 10, Kuibyshev (1978), pp. 126–130.Google Scholar
- 5.V. V. Gorbatenko, M. S. Danelyants, E. E. Eliseeva, and E. K. Kichaev, "Investigation of creep and rupture stress of alloy D16T2," in: New Designs of Pipes for the Oil Industry: Trnasactions of the All-Union Research Institute of Design and Operation of Oil Pipes, Issue 11 (1979), pp. 45–48.Google Scholar
- 6.Inventor's Certificate No. 905418 USSR. MKI E 21 B 17/00. Method of Operating Drilling Pipes Made of Aluminum Alloys.Google Scholar
- 7.R. U. Shannon, Imitation Models of Systems—Artifice and Science [Russian translation], E. K. Maslovskii (ed.), Mir, Moscow (1978).Google Scholar
- 8.I. N. Fridlyander, Formed Structural Aluminum Alloys [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar