Preparation of micron-size monodisperse polymer microspheres having crosslinked structures and vinyl groups
- 462 Downloads
Micron-size monodisperse polymer microspheres having crosslinked structures therein and vinyl groups thereon were prepared by seeded copolymerization of styrene and divinylbenzene with 2,2′-azobisisobutyronitrile as initiator in ethanolwater medium in the presence of 2.1-μm monodisperse polystyrene seed particles produced by dispersion polymerization. The optimum conditions of the seeded copolymerization for producing the microspheres with good monodispersity and colloidal stability were determined.
Key wordsPolymer emulsion microsphere crosslink vinyl group dispersion polymerization seeded polymerization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Corner T (1981) Colloids and Surfaces 3:119Google Scholar
- 2.Almog Y, Reich S, Levy M (1982) Br Polym J 14:131Google Scholar
- 3.Ober CK, Lok KP, Hair ML (1985) J Polym Sci Polym Lett Ed 23:103Google Scholar
- 4.Tseng CM, Lu YY, El-Aasser MS, Vanderhoff JW (1986) J Polym Sci Polym Chem Ed 24:2995Google Scholar
- 5.Okubo M, Ikegami K, Yamamoto Y (1989) Colloid Polym Sci 267:193Google Scholar
- 6.Hayashi S, Kaneko I, Hojo N (1975) Polym J 6:33Google Scholar
- 7.Okubo M, Takahashi Y, Matsumoto T (1979) J Adhesion Soc Japan 15:520Google Scholar