Electrolytic phosphiding of steels
- 27 Downloads
We investigated a new method of diffusion saturation of steels-electrolytic phosphiding. We studied the effect of the saturation conditions and the composition of the steel on the depth and structure of the diffusion coating.
Phosphiding improves the wear resistance of low-carbon steels by a factor of two as compared with high-carbon steel in the quenched and tempered condition.
KeywordsWear Resistance Saturation Condition Diffusion Coating Diffusion Saturation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. N. Minkevich, Chemicothermal Treatment of Metals and Alloys [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1965).Google Scholar
- 2.M. Hansen and K. Anderko, Constitution of Binary Alloys, McGraw-Hill, New York (1958).Google Scholar
- 3.G. S. Panich, in: Problems of Metal Science and Progressive Technology of Heat Treatment [in Russian] Izd. BPI, Minsk (1968).Google Scholar
- 4.G. V. Samsonov and L. L. Vereikina, Phosphides [in Russian], Izd. AN UkrSSR, Kiev (1961).Google Scholar
- 5.G. R. Van-Vezer, Phosphorus and Its Compounds [Russian translation], Vol. 1, IL, Moscow (1962).Google Scholar
- 6.L. S. Lyakhovich and L. G. Voroshnin, Boronizing of Steel [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1967).Google Scholar
- 7.H. Kunst and O. Schaaber, Härterei Techn. Mitteil, ul22, No. 1 (1967).Google Scholar