The precipitation of binary carbide in steels Kh18N10T and Kh18N12T
The formation of the binary carbide (Ti, Ni)6C in steels Kh18N10T and Kh18N12T depends on their chemical composition and treatment.
The precipitation of the binary carbide occurs in steels with Ti/C>5 and 0.07–0.12% C.
Cold plastic deformation and quenching from a low temperature favor precipitation of the binary carbide during aging at 650°. Hot plastic deformation has not effect on the precipitation of (Ti, Ni)6C.
KeywordsPrecipitation Carbide Plastic Deformation Steel Kh18N10T Temperature Favor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. N. Gulyaev and Yu. P. Bulanov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Metallurgiya i Gornoe Delo, No. 3 (1964).Google Scholar
- 2.V. N. Gulyaev and Yu. P. Bulanov, Teploénergetika, No. 11 (1964).Google Scholar
- 3.Yu. P. Bulanov and G. V. Kuznetsova, Zavod. Lab., No. 4 (1967).Google Scholar
- 4.F. F. Khimushkin, Stainless Steels [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1963).Google Scholar
- 5.N. F. Lashko and N. I. Eremin, Phase Analysis and Structure of Austenitic Steels [in Russian], Mashgiz, Moscow (1957).Google Scholar