Self-similar solutions in the theory of flare-ups in novae, I
- 26 Downloads
The problems of central stellar explosions under the assumption that the temperature gradient is zero in the rear flow field have been studied. Also, the similarity solutions of the field variables for the homothermal flows of a self-gravitating gas behind the spherical shock-wave propagating in a non-uniform atmosphere at rest are obtained. The total energy of the wave is taken to be time-dependent obeying a power-law.
KeywordsAtmosphere Total Energy Temperature Gradient Flow Field Field Variable
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Carrus, P. A., Fox, P. A., Haas, F., and Kopal, Z.: 1951,Astrophys. J. 113, 495.Google Scholar
- Purohit, S. C.: 1974,J. Phys. Soc. Japan 36, 288.Google Scholar
- Sedov, L. I.: 1959,Similarity and Dimensional Methods in Mechanics, Academic Press, London.Google Scholar
- Singh, J. B.: 1982,Astrophys. Space Sci. 87, 347.Google Scholar
- Singh, J. B. and Vishwakarma, P. R.: 1983,Astrophys. Space Sci. 95, 105 (this issue).Google Scholar