The conditions for the existence of the electric field opposite to the current along the magnetic field lines in the thin plasma
- 29 Downloads
The flow of the current along the magnetic field lines in the thin plasma directed opposite to the electric field is considered. The particles moving to the equatorial plane are supposed to have mirror points above the region of absorption (the ionosphere) and the particles moving to the ionosphere are supposed to have mirror points below the region of absorption. The current, therefore, flows. The functions of the distribution of the electrons and ions are considered to be mono-energetic. The energies of the electrons and the ions and their densities on the boundary of absorption are estimated for the potential difference and for the current density which are typical for the auroral field lines.
KeywordsMagnetic Field Field Line Equatorial Plane Magnetic Field Line Thin Plasma
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Alfvén, H. and Fälthammar, K. G.: 1963,Cosmical Electrodynamics, Clarendon Press, Oxford.Google Scholar
- Antonova, E. E. and Tverskoy, B. A.: 1975,Geomagnetizm i Aeronomija 15, 563.Google Scholar
- Kropotkin, A. P. and Martjanov, S. A.: 1985,Geomagnetizm i Aeronomija 25, 259.Google Scholar
- Martjanov, S. A.: 1981,Geomagnetizm i Aeronomija 21, 1039.Google Scholar
- Persson, H.: 1963,Phys. Fluids 6, 1756.Google Scholar
- Persson, H.: 1966,Phys. Fluids 9, 1090.Google Scholar
- Ponjavin, D. I., Pudovkin, M. I., and Saghin, S. S.: 1977,Geomagnetizm i Aeronomija 17, 478.Google Scholar
- Samokhin, M. V.: 1968,Kosmitsheskie Issledovanija 6, 604.Google Scholar
- Samokhin, M. V.: 1975,Kosmitsheskie Issledovanija 13, 277.Google Scholar
- Samokhin, M. V.: 1992,Astrophys. Space Sci. 191, 195.Google Scholar