Strengthening of silicon Monel
- 38 Downloads
In silicon Monel (S-Monel) the (Ni, Fe)3Si strengthening phase is formed. This phase is precipitated at a high rate from the solid solution during cooling in air from 1000–700°C and the alloy is considerably strengthened as the result. The alloy is additionally strengthened during aging at 600–650°C.
KeywordsSilicon Solid Solution Strengthen Phase
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. V. Zakharov, Collection of Reports of MITsMZ [in Russian], No. 29, Moscow, Metallurgizdat (1957).Google Scholar
- 2.N. F. Lashko and K. P. Sorokina, "ZhNKh",7, No. 1 (1959).Google Scholar
- 3.A. P. Smiryagin, Handbook on Machine Construction Materials [in Russian]2, Moscow, Mashgiz (1959).Google Scholar
- 4.D. Wood and F. Gregg, "J. Institut of Metals",85, No. 7 (1957).Google Scholar
- 5.J. Sterwald and H. Uhlig, "Electroch. Soc.",108, No. 6 (1961).Google Scholar