First-order phase transition with a moving boundary. I. Superconducting to normal transition of type I superconductors by a rectangular current pulse
- 16 Downloads
The superconducting to normal transition of type I superconductors induced by a rectangular current pulse is studied theoretically and experimentally. An exact solution for the magnetic field inside the normal part of the specimen is obtained and the time when the radius of theS-N boundary becomes the radiusr0 of the London model for the case of steady state is compared with Pippard's result and that of Rothen and Bestgen. Experimental results are discussed in relation to these calculations.
KeywordsMagnetic Field Steady State Phase Transition Exact Solution Magnetic Material
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. P. Pippard,Phil. Mag. 41, 243 (1950).Google Scholar
- 2.T. E. Faber,Proc. Roy. Soc. (London)A219, 75 (1953); T. E. Faber,Proc. Roy. Soc. (London)A223, 75 (1954).Google Scholar
- 3.W. B. Ittner,Phys. Rev. 111, 1483 (1958).Google Scholar
- 4.F. London,Superfluids 1, 120 (1950).Google Scholar
- 5.F. Rothen and W. Bestgen,Phys. Kondens. Materie 12, 311 (1971).Google Scholar
- 6.E. Posada and L. Rinderer,J. Low Temp. Phys. 9, 599 (1972).Google Scholar
- 7.S. Koga and Y. Shibuya,J. Low Temp. Phys. 12, 105 (1973).Google Scholar
- 8.C. L. Pekeris and L. B. Slichter,J. Appl. Phys. 10, 135 (1939).Google Scholar