Clathrates of organic onium halides, V: preparation of new clathrates and structure of the 1-propanol inclusion of a bis-quinuclidinium salt
Organic onium salts (3–15) are prepared and their inclusion capacity towards solvent molecules is investigated. The crystal structure of the1·propanol·H2O clathrate ofN,N′-[5-tert-butyl-1,3-phenylenebis(methylene)]bis(quinuclidinium)dibromide (4) is reported and compared with the X-ray structures of related clathrates described earlier.
Key wordsInclusion clathrate clathrand host/guest X-ray analysis ammonium compounds phosphonium compounds quinuclidinium derivative
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H.-G. Löhr, H.-P. Josel, A. Engel, F. Vögtle, W. Schuh, and H. Puff,Chem. Ber. 117, 1487 (1984).Google Scholar
- 2.F. Vögtle, H.-G. Löhr, H. Puff, and W. Schuh,Angew. Chem. 95, 425 (1983);Angew. Chem., Int. Ed. Engl. 22, 409 (1983);Angew. Chem. Suppl. 1983, 527–536.Google Scholar
- 3.H.-G. Löhr, F. Vögtle, W. Schuh, and H. Puff,J. Chem. Soc. Chem. Commun. 1983, 924.Google Scholar
- 4.H.-G. Löhr, F. Vögtle, W. Schuh, and H. Puff,J. Incl. Phenom. 1, 175 (1983).Google Scholar
- 5.P. Main, S. J. Fiske, S. E. Hull, L. Lessinger, G. Germain, J. P. Declerq, and M. M. Woolfson, MULTAN 80: A system of computer programs for the automatic solution of crystal structures from X-ray diffraction data, York, 1980.Google Scholar
- 6.G. M. Sheldrick, SHELX 76: Program for Crystal Structure Determination, Cambridge, 1976.Google Scholar