VLA observations of GRB error boxes
- 26 Downloads
Very Large Array (VLA) radio observations of precisely-located GRB error boxes have been performed to search for fading and quiescent emission associated with γ-ray bursts. These observations were made as quickly as 23 hours and as late as 13 years after the time of the burst. Our measurements presented here have found GRB error boxes to be empty of sources to the 80 µJy level (λ = 3.6 cm) at 9 months, to 1 mJy (20 cm) at 9 days, and probably to 5 mJy (20 cm) at 23 hours after the bursts.
Key wordsGRBs-radio counterpart searches
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Barthelmy, S.et al. : 1995These Proceedings. Google Scholar
- Cline T.et al. : 1994AIP Conf. Proc. #307, 373.Google Scholar
- Hurley, K.et al.: 1994aAstrophys. J. Supp. 92, 655.Google Scholar
- Hurley, K.et al.: 1994bNature 372, 652.Google Scholar
- Palmer, D. M.: 1993,Astrophys. J. 417, L25.Google Scholar
- Palmer, D. M.et al. : 1995In preparation. Google Scholar
- Paczyński, B. & Rhoads, J.: 1993,Astrophys. J. 418, L5.Google Scholar