Transient events in the COBE database simultaneous with gamma ray bursts
- 23 Downloads
We are investigating the COBE DMR data at instances of known γ-ray bursts (GRBs) when any of the six DMR horn directions was coincident with the direction of a burst. The BATSE instrument on board GRO has detected 207 bursts during the eight-month period of overlap corresponding to the current release of COBE data. The odds of a GRB occurring within the DMR field of view are near one coincidence per year. Here we report on one such serendipitous observation in 1991, GRB 911226, for which a detailed analysis is currently in progress.
Key wordsCOBE GRB 911226 Serendipity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bennett, C. L.,et al.: 1992,Astrophys. J. 391, 466.Google Scholar
- Fishman, G. J.: 1994, inThe Second Compton Symposium, AIP Conf. Proc. 304, p22.Google Scholar
- Fishman, G. J.,et al.: 1994,Astrophys. J. Suppl. Ser. 92, 229.Google Scholar
- Frail, D. A.,et al.: 1994,Astrophys. J. (Letters) 437, L43.Google Scholar
- Harding, A. K.: 1994, inThe Second Compton Symposium, AIP Conf. Proc. 304, p30.Google Scholar
- Nemiroff, R. J.: 1994,Comm. Astrophys. 17, 189.Google Scholar
- Palmer, D. M.: 1993,Astrophys. J. (Letters) 418, L25.Google Scholar
- Schaefer, B. E.,et al.: 1994,Astrophys. J. (Letters) 422, L71.Google Scholar