Effect of melting procedure on the heat resistance of steels for machine construction
- 17 Downloads
Vacuum and other remelting procedures make it possible to obtain heat resistant steels and alloys with a high technological and service ductility.
The effect of vacuum remelting on the long-term strength of heat resistant materials differs and depends on many factors.
Vacuum remelting procedures are the most effective means of improving the operating characteristics of moderately and greatly hardened alloys with little reserve ductility at operating temperature.
KeywordsDuctility Operating Characteristic Operating Temperature Heat Resistance Resistant Material
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. M. Borzdyka and Z. A. Tseitlin, Heat Treatment of Heat Resistant Steels and Alloys [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1964).Google Scholar
- 2.A. M. Borzdyka and L. B. Getsov, "Heat treatment of parts of heat resistant alloys," Metal. i. Term. Obrabotka Metal., No. 4, 74 (1974).Google Scholar
- 3.A. P. Gulyaev, "Modern methods of producing high-quality steel," Metal. i Term. Obrabotka Metal., No. 2, 67 (1974).Google Scholar
- 4.R. F. Khatalakh et al., "Structure and properties of heat resistant alloy ÉP404 melted by different Methods," Metal. i Term. Obrabotka Metal., No. 3, 34–37 (1969).Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. V. Latash and B. I. Medovar, Electroslag remelting [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1970).Google Scholar
- 6.Heat Resistant Materials [Russian translation], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1968).Google Scholar
- 7.É. I. Belikova and G. G. Gulei, "Comparative study of alloy ÉI437B melted in open and vacuum furnaces," in: Special Steels and Alloys [in Russian], Trudy TsNIIChM, No. 46, Metallurgiya, Moscow (1966), p. 99.Google Scholar
- 8.W. Betteridge, Heat Resistant Alloys of the Nimonic type [Russian translation], Metallurgizdat, Moscow (1961), pp. 39–53, 90–130.Google Scholar
- 9.Z. I. Petropavlovskaya and G. A. Kaibysheva, "Increasing the service life of fasteners of pearlitic steel ÉP44 by use of ESR," Teploénergetika, No. 6, 17 (1972).Google Scholar