Collapse of a radiating anisotropic star
- 33 Downloads
Further results are obtained concerning the model of a collapsing anisotropic body by Kolassis and Santos. It is assumed an anisotropic equation of state for the static configuration, and a relation between the radiation density and heat flux. The total luminosity received by an observer at infinity is independent of the anisotropy of the fluid and of the radiation produced in the body. Numerical calculations are performed for a body having a mass of 5M⊙ in order to obtain the effective adiabatic index.
KeywordsRadiation Anisotropy Heat Flux Numerical Calculation Static Configuration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Barreto, W. and Nunez, L.A.: 1991,Astroph. Space Science 178, 261.Google Scholar
- Bowers, R.L. and Liang, E.P.T.: 1974,Astroph. J. 188, 657.Google Scholar
- Chan, R., Herrera, L. and Santos, N.O.: 1993,Monthly Not. Roy. Astr. Soc. (submitted).Google Scholar
- de Oliveira, A.K.G., Santos, N.O. and Kolassis, C.A.: 1985,Monthly Not. Roy. Astr. Soc. 216, 1001.Google Scholar
- de Oliveira, A.K.G., Pacheco, J.A.F. and Santos, N.O.: 1986,Monthly Not. Roy. Astr. Soc. 220, 405.Google Scholar
- Kolassis, C.A., Santos, N.O. and Tsoubelis, D.: 1988,Class. Quantum Grav. 5, 1329.Google Scholar
- Kolassis, C.A. and Santos, N.O.: 1989,Phys. Lett. A 141, 243.Google Scholar