The composite spectrum of the a type star 14 Comae
- 27 Downloads
In the program of the spectroscopic survey carried out at Kottamia Observatory for stars with a composite spectrum, star 14 Comae was investigated. The different spectral types assigned for this star and the doubt about its nature and the presence of shell characteristics make it very interesting to be restudied. The results of the present study revealed that the spectral type of this star is A5. We believe that the composite spectrum of this star arises from peculiar conditions in one body.
KeywordsSpectral Type Type Star Composite Spectrum Peculiar Condition Shell Characteristic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Doming, J.F. and Smith, M.A.: 1977,Astroph. J. 217.Google Scholar
- Eggen, O.J.: 1963,Astroph. J. 68, 697.Google Scholar
- Hoffleit, D.: 1982,The Bright Star Catalogue, Fourth Revised Edition.Google Scholar
- Morgan, W.W.: 1932,Astroph. J. 76, 145.Google Scholar
- Trumpler, J.: 1938,Lick Obs. Bull. 494, 167.Google Scholar
- Underhill, A.B.: 1953,Pub. Domin. Astroph. Obs., Victoria9, 237.Google Scholar