Influence of CTAB/alkanol/cyclohexane w/o microemulsions on the basic hydrolysis of crystal violet
- 170 Downloads
The basic hydrolysis of crystal violet has been studied in w/o microemulsions of the CTAB/alkanols/cyclohexane system (alkanols: 1-butanol and 1-hexanol). The reaction can be considered to occur in the water phase of the droplets and from the rate constant the apparent dielectric constant of the water phase was determined. The cyclohexane incorporation in the system produces a decrease in the effective dielectric constant of the water phase and in the specific conductivity.
Key wordsMicroemulsion dielectric constant crystal violet
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Valiente M, Rodenas E (1988) J Colloid Interface Sci 127:522Google Scholar
- 2.Valiente M, Rodenas E (1991) J Phys Chem 95:3368Google Scholar
- 3.Lewis GN, Magel TT, Lipkin D (1942) J Am Chem Soc 64:1774Google Scholar
- 4.Friberg S, Rydhag L, Lindblom G (1973) J Phys Chem 77:1280Google Scholar
- 5.Ekwall P, Mandell L, Fontell K (1969) J Colloid Interface Sci 29:639Google Scholar
- 6.Ritchie CD, Wright DJ, Huang D-S, Kamego AA (1975) J Am Chem Soc 97:1163Google Scholar