The role of acid phosphatase activity during enzymic dephosphorylation of phytates byAspergillus niger phytase
- 88 Downloads
Acid phosphatase present in preparations ofAspergillus niger phytase accelerated dephosphorylation of sodium phytate. Its influence on the reaction rate and distribution ofmyo-inositol phosphates was most apparent at low pH value (2.5) and when acid-hydrolysed substrate was de-esterified enzymatically. With partly purified phytase, the predominant inositol form was tetraphosphate but a preparation having acid phosphatase activity caused an even distribution of lower inositol phosphates after a few hours.
Key wordsAcid phosphatase Aspergillus niger inositol phosphates phytase phytates
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Han, Y.W. 1988 Removal of phytic acid from soybean and cotto seed meals.Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 36, 1181–1183.Google Scholar
- Hara, A., Ebina, S., Kondo, A. & Funaguma, T. 1985 A new type of phytase from pollen ofTypha latifolia L.Agricultural and Biological Chemistry 49, 3539–3544.Google Scholar
- Hayakawa, T., Suzuki, K., Miura, H., Ohno, T. & Igaue, I. 1990 Myo-inositol phosphate intermediates in the dephosphorylation of phytic acid by acid phosphatase with phytase activity from rice bran.Agricultural and Biological Chemistry 54, 279–286.Google Scholar
- Irving, G.C.J. & Cosgrove, D.J. 1971. Inositol phosphate phosphatases of microbial origin. Observations on the nature of the active centre of a bacterial (Pseudomonas sp) phytase.Australian Journal of Biological Sciences 24, 559–564.Google Scholar
- Wang, H.L., Swain, E.W. & Hesseltine, C.W. 1980 Phytase of molds used in oriental food fermentation.Journal of Food Science 45, 1262–1266.Google Scholar
- Żyŀa, K. 1990 Acid phosphatases purified from industrial waste mycelium ofAspergillus niger used to produce citric acid.Acta Biotechnologica 10, 319–327.Google Scholar
- Żyŀa, K. 1991 Products of enzymic dephosphorylation of phytate determined by a simple colorimetric method.Biotechnology Techniques 2, 127–132.Google Scholar
- Żyŀa, K. Koreleski, J. & Kujawski, M. 1989. Dephosphorylation of phytate compounds by means of acid phosphatase fromAspergillus niger.Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture 49, 315–324.Google Scholar