Synthesis, crystallographic, and thermal properties of a new porous silica
- 27 Downloads
A new porous tectosilicate has been synthesized in the presence of boric acid and 1, 2, 2, 6, 6-pentamethylpiperidine as guest molecules. It crystallizes in the monoclinic system with ao=9.91 (1) Å, bo=20.62 (3) Å, co=9.80 (2) Å, and β-99.7 (2)0. After heat treatment at 820°C for 1 hour the guest molecules are set free whereas the silica host framework is retained. From crystal morphology and thermal behaviour it is concluded that the new material possesses channel-like voids.
KeywordsHeat Treatment Organic Chemistry Thermal Property Thermal Behaviour Boric Acid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R. M. Barrer in proceedings of the 7th International Zeolite Conference, Tokyo, 1 (1986), Elsevier New York, Amsterdam, Oxford. F. Liebau, H. Gies, R.P. Gunawardane, and B. Marler, Zeolites, in press.Google Scholar
- H. Gies: Nachr. Chem. Tech. Lab.,33 387 (1985).Google Scholar
- R.P. Gunawardane, H. Gies, and B. Marler, in preparation for Zeolites.Google Scholar
- H. Gerke and H. Gies: Z. Kristallogr.167, 11 (1984).Google Scholar
- H. Gies: Fortschr. Miner.64, Beiheft 1, 56 (1986).Google Scholar
- H. Gies and R. P. Gunawardane, submitted to Zeolites.Google Scholar