Response of a superconductor to a supercritical current pulse
We investigate the response of a one-dimensional homogeneous superconductor nearT c if a current larger than the maximum supercurrent is suddenly imposed. We determine the time dependence of the order parameter, the voltage, and the quasiparticle distribution function. The delay time between the switching on of the current and the time when the system becomes normal, which is marked by the appearance of a voltage, is determined. Good agreement with experimental results is found.
KeywordsDistribution Function Delay Time Time Dependence Magnetic Material Current Pulse
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. A. Pals and J. Wolter,Phys. Lett. 70A, 150 (1979).Google Scholar
- 2.A. Schmid,Phys. Rev. 186, 420 (1969).Google Scholar
- 3.J. Wolter, P. M. Th. M. von Attekum, R. E. Horstman, and M. G. H. M. Wouters, to be published.Google Scholar
- 4.A. Schmid and G. Schön,J. Low Temp. Phys. 20, 207 (1975).Google Scholar
- 5.R. Peters and H. Meissner,Phys. Rev. Lett. 30, 965 (1973).Google Scholar
- 6.J. Schuller and K. E. Gray,Phys. Rev. Lett. 36, 429 (1976).Google Scholar
- 7.M. Octavio, N. J. Skocpol, and M. Tinkham,Phys. Rev. B 17, 1598 (1977).Google Scholar
- 8.A. Schmid, G. Schön, and M. Tinkham,Phys. Rev. B 21, 5076 (1980).Google Scholar
- 9.M. Tinkham, inProc. of the Conf. of the Nato ASI, Aquafredda di Maratea (1980), to be published.Google Scholar
- 10.A. Aronov and V. L. Gurevich,Fiz. Tverd. Tela 16, 2656 (1974) [Sov. Phys.—Solid State 16, 1722 (1975)].Google Scholar
- 11.L. P. Gorkov and G. M. Eliashberg,Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 54, 612 (1968) [Sov. Phys.—JETP 27, 328 (1968)].Google Scholar