The effect of heat treatment on the superconducting properties of fast quenched Al-Si
- 19 Downloads
The effect of heat treatment on the microstructure and superconducting properties of the eutectic alloy Al-11.3 at % Si prepared by the splat quenching technique has been studied. The anomalous magnetoresistivity in superconducting-normal transitions has been found and the low-temperature heat capacity was measured in the sample after annealing at 100°C for 50 h. Our results reveal the existence of two superconducting phases in this sample.
KeywordsMicrostructure Heat Treatment Heat Capacity Magnetic Material Eutectic Alloy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Fontaine and F. Meunier,Phys. Kondens. Mater. 14, 119–137 (1972).Google Scholar
- 2.C. C. Tsuei and W. L. Johnson,Phys. Rev. B 9, 4742 (1974).Google Scholar
- 3.A. M. Lamose, J. Chaumont, F. Lalu, F. Meunier, and H. Bernas,J. Phys. (Paris) Lett. 37, L-287 (1976).Google Scholar
- 4.C. S. Ting, D. W. Talwar, and K. L. Ngai,Phys. Rev. Lett. 45, 1213 (1980).Google Scholar
- 5.P. Manuel, H. Niedoba, and J. J. Veyssié,Rev. Phys. Appl. 7, 107 (1972).Google Scholar