The elastic Green's function for the pinned flux-line lattice in a type II superconductor
- 20 Downloads
The elastic Green's function for the pinned flux-line lattice in the critical state is defined and evaluated in the coherent potential approximation. The presence of pinning sites contributes an additional restoring force, which must be calculated within a complete theory of the critical state, but which can be measured. Results are given for the dependence of the Green's function on the density of strong flux-line pins, and a criterion is derived for the applicability of the dilute-limit approximation. This criterion is never satisfied near the upper and lower critical fields. Assuming that the pins all interact sufficiently strongly with the flux-line lattice to exceed the threshold criterion, we find that the Green's function decreases (the flux-line lattice becomes more rigid) with increasing pin density.
KeywordsMagnetic Material Critical State Threshold Criterion Critical Field Complete Theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. M. Campbell and J. E. Evetts,Adv. Phys. 21, 199 (1972).Google Scholar
- 2.R. Labusch,Crystal Lattice Defects 1, 1 (1969).Google Scholar
- 3.E. H. Brandt,J. Low Temp. Phys. 26, 709 (1977).Google Scholar
- 4.A. M. Campbell,J. Phys. C 4, 3186 (1971).Google Scholar
- 5.R. J. Elliot, J. A. Krumhansl, and P. L. Leath,Rev. Mod. Phys. 46, 465 (1974).Google Scholar
- 6.A. M. Campbell,Phil. Mag. B 37, 149 (1978).Google Scholar
- 7.R. Schmucker and E. H. Brandt,Phys. Stat. Sol. (B) 79, 479 (1977).Google Scholar
- 8.E. H. Brandt,J. Low Temp. Phys. 28, 291 (1977).Google Scholar
- 9.H. R. Kerchner, J. Narayan, D. K. Christen, and S. T. Sekula,Phys. Rev. Lett. 44, 1146 (1980).Google Scholar