A comment on the possible Néel temperature of solid3He
- 17 Downloads
A calculation of the effect of the conjectured three-body exchange on the possible Néel temperature of solid3He is made. A value of 2.24 mK is obtained fromP v (T) data, whereas susceptibility data indicate 2.9 mK. These calculations indicate that three-body exchange may lead to the occurrence of the transition above 2.0 mK, the previously expected value.
KeywordsMagnetic Material Susceptibility Data
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.See R. A. Guyer, R. C. Richardson, and L. I. Zane,Rev. Mod. Phys. 43, 532 (1971).Google Scholar
- 2.See S. B. Trickey, W. P. Kirk, and E. D. Adams,Rev. Mod. Phys., to be published, October 1972.Google Scholar
- 3.W. P. Kirk and E. D. Adams,Phys. Rev. Letters 27, 392 (1971).Google Scholar
- 4.L. I. Zane,Phys. Rev. Letters 28, 420 (1972).Google Scholar
- 5.L. I. Zane, to be published.Google Scholar
- 6.See, for example, J. S. Smart,Effective Field Theories of Magnetism (W. B. Saunders Co., Philadelphia, 1966).Google Scholar
- 7.G. A. Baker, Jr., H. E. Gilbert, J. Eve, and G. S. Rushbrooke,Phys. Rev. 164, 800 (1967).Google Scholar
- 8.D. D. Osheroff, R. C. Richardson, and D. M. Lee,Phys. Rev. Letters 28, 885 (1972).Google Scholar