Density correlation function in superfluid helium nearT λ
- 47 Downloads
The previously calculated hydrodynamic form of the density correlation function of liquid helium is written out explicitly forT nearTλ. This function, which is proportional to the intensity of light scattered from the fluid, has a finite value at ω=0, which grows asT→Tλ from below. In evaluating the precise form of this contribution in terms of transport coefficients, it is important to keep terms of order (C p /C v )−1.
KeywordsHelium Correlation Function Magnetic Material Precise Form Liquid Helium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. Winterling, F. S. Holmes, and T. J. Greytak, paper GaF3 presented at the 13th Intern. Conf. Low Temp. Physics, Boulder, Colorado, 1972, to be published in theProceedings.Google Scholar
- 2.J. M. Vaughan, W. F. Vinen, and C. J. Palin, paper GaF2 presented at the 13th Intern. Conf. Low Temp. Physics, Boulder, Colorado, 1972, to be published in theProceedings.Google Scholar
- 3.P. C. Hohenberg and P. C. Martin,Ann. Phys. (N. Y.)34, 291 (1965).Google Scholar
- 4.W. F. Vinen,Physics of Quantum Fluids, R. Kubo and F. Takano, eds. (Syokabo Publishing Co., Tokyo, Japan, 1971), p. 1.Google Scholar
- 5.R. A. Ferrell, N. Menyhard, H. Schmidt, F. Schwabl, and P. Szépfalusy,Ann. Phys. (N.Y.)47, 565 (1968).Google Scholar
- 6.B. N. Ganguly,Phys. Rev. Letters 26, 1623 (1971);Phys. Letters 39A, 11 (1972).Google Scholar
- 7.W. F. Vinen,J. Phys. C, Solid State Phys. 4, L287 (1971).Google Scholar
- 8.I. M. Khalatnikov,Zh. Eksperim. i Teor. Fiz. 57, 489 (1969) [Soviet Phys.—JETP 30, 268 (1970)].Google Scholar
- 9.R. D. Williams and I. Rudnick,Phys. Rev. Letters 25, 276 (1970).Google Scholar
- 10.G. Ahlers,Phys. Rev. Letters 21, 1159 (1968).Google Scholar